A year ago, Legal Aid Client Barry Segal won big in the Court of Appeals--a portion of a six-figure settlement and changes to the way Metro Transit conducts business. Segal, who identifies as Deafblind, wants others with similar disabilities to know about his case and their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act. At a community meeting hosted by ThinkSelfMN, June 28, Legal Aid Attorneys Sonja Peterson and Rick Macpherson will be on hand to present and answer questions.
8th Circuit Opinion
Metro Transit Training Video
Metro Transit Training Video - Text Versio
Met Council Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Contact the Met Council Advisory Committee with your concerns about the training video.
Metro Transit Complaint Form | 612.373.3333
• File a complaint with Metro Transit if you are waiting at the T sign and a bus passes you by and fails to let you board.
Metro Transit Data Practices Request
• Complete this form to get video of the bus passing you. You may also call 612.373.3333 to make the request.
MN Disability Law Center | 612.334.5970
• Call MDLC if a bus fails to let you board 10 times in one year.
• Call MDLC if you experience egregious discrimination from a driver because of your disability, even if it is not 10 times. For example, if a driver says you can't ride because you are disabled or makes other disparaging remarks about your disability.
July 5, 2023: Thank you to ThinkSelf Minnesota for inviting Legal Aid's Minnesota Disability Law Center to present at this meeting. Links above are to resources shared in the presentation by Attorneys Rick Macpherson (ret.) and Sonja Peterson: