More than an organization. A community.
The Fund for Legal Aid is more than a fundraising organization; it’s a community
that comes together to support justice.
Protecting the rights of those who need it most
Through fundraising initiatives such as the Law Day Dinner and One Hour of Sharing, The Fund’s work dramatically improves lives and makes our community stronger. When you contribute your resources to The Fund, you contribute to protecting the rights of those who need it most.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid faces an unprecedented demand for services — and unprecedented need for support. More than 85% of the support we receive goes directly to serve our clients. Unfortunately, even with extremely careful stewardship, Legal Aid has to turn away two of every three people seeking services due to diminished resources and increased demand. This reality harms individuals and families, diminishes our judicial system and flies in the face of our country’s aspiration to ensure “justice for all.”
What people are saying...
“The greatest barrier to justice is the lack of a level playing field... Your contribution to Legal Aid levels the field.”Joseph W. Anthony, Chair, The Fund of Legal Aid
“Justice for All means not just that you're free to walk into the courthouse. You don't have any meaningful access to it unless you've got someone on your side. You can't really make the system work without a lawyer, and if you haven't got any money, you haven't got a lawyer—except for organizations like this.”John Gordon, Involved with the fund since 1985
Join The Fund in making a difference.
Law Day Dinner
Sponsored by The Fund, the Law Day Dinner is a 30-plus year old tradition that aims to raise funds and recognize the invaluable contributions of the lawyers and donors who make Legal Aid possible.
One Hour of Sharing Campaign
Donate an amount equal to one or more billable hours (or the equivalent of an hour of your salary). Participate as an associate, individual attorney, or as a law firm.
More Ways to Give
Legal Aid couldn’t exist without the generous support of volunteers, partners and financial donors. When you support Legal Aid, you change the lives of your fellow Minnesotans.
- Keith S. Moheban Chair, Stinson Leonard Street LLP
- Peter H. Walsh Vice Chair and Leaders in Giving Chair, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Anne M. Lockner Treasurer, Robins Kaplan LLP
- Melinda Hugdahl Fund Director and Secretary, The Fund for Legal Aid
- Sarah B. Riskin Associates' Lead Co-Chair, Nilan Johnson Lewis
- Michael Sawers Associates' Lead Co-Chair, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Board of Directors
- Joseph W. Anthony Anthony Ostlund Baer & Louwagie P.A.
- Cooper S. Ashley Maslon LLP
- Jeffrey Bouslog Fox Rothschild LLP
- Andrew M. Carlson Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- James L. Chosy U.S. Bank
- Amy S. Conners Best & Flanagan LLP
- Jodie Hagstrom Crist Best Buy Company Inc.
- Jeff H. Eckland Eckland & Blando
- Samantha J. Ellingson Thom Ellingson, PLLP
- Douglas L. Elsass Nilan Johnson Lewis
- Brian Felton Medtronic, Inc.
- John W. Geelan Piper Jaffray Companies
- Richard M Hagstrom Hellmuth & Johnson PLLC
- June Hoidal Zimmerman Reed, PLLP
- Timothy M. Kelley Stinson Leonard Street LLP
- Mary L. Knoblauch Anthony Ostlund Baer & Louwagie P.A.
- Samuel T. Lockner Carlson, Caspers, Vandenburgh, Lindquist & Schuman, P.A.
- Andrew M. Luger Jones Day
- David E. March Target Corporation
- Timothy C. Matson Fox Rothschild LLP
- Sara McGrane Felhaber Larson
- Robert A. McLeod Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Christine L. Meuers
- Cynthia A. Moyer Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- David R. Mylrea Engage Technologies Corporation
- Kathleen M. Newman Kathleen M. Newman + Associates, P.A.
- John B. Orenstein Ross & Orenstein LLC
- Thomas R. Pfeifer Thomson Reuters
- Michael A. Ponto Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Patrick J. Rooney Fafinski Mark & Johnson, P.A.
- Drew P. Schaffer Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
- Elizabeth H. Schmiesing Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A.
- Steven A. Schumeister Robins Kaplan LLP
- Matthew Shors UnitedHealth Group
- Thomas J. Shroyer Moss & Barnett, A Professional Association
- Michael P. Sullivan, Jr. Gray Plant Mooty
- Mai Thor
- Mavis J. Van Sambeek Ballard Spahr LLP
- Steven J. Wells Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Warren Woessner Schwegman Lundberg Woessner
- Julian C. Zebot Maslon LLP
- Rachel Zimmerman Scobie Merchant & Gould P.C.
- Laura J. Cooper
- John B. Gordon
- James T. Hale
- Robert J. Hennessey
- Richard G. Lareau
- Dale I. Larson
- Nancy G. Malmon
- Seymour Mansfield
- Richard G. Mark
- Jerry F. Rotman
- Allen I. Saeks
- Jerry W. Snider
- Roger V. Stageberg
- Thomas W. Tinkham