100 years of protecting rights and improving lives
Our mission is to advocate for the legal rights of disadvantaged people to have safe,
healthy and independent lives in strong communities.
We are here to make a difference. Every morning, thousands of Minnesotans with disabilities, low-income residents, seniors and children wake up without basic legal protections, security or access to opportunity. Our unique professionals come from a wide variety of backgrounds. All are committed to the idea that protecting the basic rights of the vulnerable and disadvantaged helps families and individuals achieve self-sufficiency and contribute toward a better community. We are committed to ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity and equal protection under the law, and we work with policymakers to promote those ideals.
“Our clients’ situations are so vulnerable that getting a good result is very important. But when we do our work well, we also give them access and a voice that otherwise goes unheard. That not only benefits the client, but serves as a forceful reminder that our justice system must listen to those voices if it is going to work for us all.”Greg Marita, Deputy Director, Minneapolis
Who We Serve
Mid-MN Legal Aid serves Minnesotans in the 20 counties of central Minnesota, including Hennepin, from offices in Minneapolis, St. Cloud and Willmar. We serve seniors in the additional counties of Anoka, Cass, Crow Wing, Kanabec, Pine and Wadena counties. And we offer statewide services to people with disabilities on issues associated with disabilities.
Learn More About Legal Aid
The Fund for Legal Aid comes together to support justice. This community of attorneys, private firms and volunteers work together to improve the lives of Minnesotans and make our community stronger.
Legal Aid has protected rights and improved lives for 100 years — see highlights from our first 100 years.
Work With Us
When you work with Legal Aid, you protect the rights and improve the lives of those without access to justice. It’s a calling that gives you the satisfaction of knowing you’re changing lives.
MMLA Board Officers
- Robert A. McLeod President, Lindquist & Vennum PLLP
- Timothy M. Kelley Treasurer, Stinson Leonard Street LLP
- Cathy Haukedahl Secretary, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
- Eric J. Rucker Past President, 3M
- Sara McGrane 1st Vice President, Felhaber Larson
- Larry Jensen 2nd Vice President, Thomton, Sperry, Jensen & Keithhan Law Office
MMLA Board of Directors
- Shari Aberle Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Stan Alleyne Tunheim
- Jorge Arellano Community Representative
- Patrick M. Arenz Robins Kaplan LLP
- Andrew M. Carlson Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Michael Elliot Community Representative
- Michael T. Feichtinger Quinlivan & Hughes, P.A.
- Brigid Fitzgerald Rosenmeier Law Office
- Julie Kisner Community Representative
- Thomas Kramer Kramer Law Office
- Dorraine A. Larison Gray Plant Mooty
- John P. Mandler Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- David March Target
- Nataisia McRoy Community Representative
- Rebecca Nathan Community Representative
- Jessie Smith Community Representative
- Christopher R. Smith Lindquist & Vennum LLP
- Rachna Sullivan Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Mai Thor Community Representative
- Kimberly Washington Community Representative